Fate, Why Me?



Getting married to Steve was the best thing that life could ever offer me. Our love life started in our childhood, and we had to formalize it years later.


When we were about to get married, there were no financial resources for traditional or white weddings,  so Steve and I settled for a semi-marriage known as "marriage introduction".  Friends tried to discourage me to ignore his marriage proposal as he was a broke guy with no sustainable job, but our love was what nobody could fathom and money couldn't deter us. The good part is that while my relatives and friends tried to oppose it, my parents supported and encouraged me. "Babe, those that are doing traditional marriage and white wedding, do they have three heads? Why settle for the less, an ordinary introduction?" one of my girlfriends said to me. "Don't worry, as soon as Steve is financially stable, we'll undergo both the traditional and white, but for now Steve is the man I can say yes to, without him, I don't think there's any other man," I told her to silent her up, but she stared at me in disdain then said, "I wonder what you even see in this Steve that you are rushing. I laughed and replied to spite her as well,  "I see a lot. His broke status gives me joy, so let us be! 


Fortunately, I was earning well from my restaurant business,  so I did my best to ensure Steve wouldn't be embarrassed when he comes for my introduction. I had a dialogue with my parents to put up with Steve after my introduction,  and once he's financially stable, he'll come for my full marital rites, and my parents who were never an obstacle approved. 


My marriage introduction ceremony was a huge success as everything went smoothly,  and thereafter, I joined my husband Steve.  


Steve was a Technician but wasn't fortunate to have clients. In a week, he barely had 3 jobs, so I was the primary breadwinner of the family, but that didn't stop our love life from thriving. Our love was love created in heaven. We managed and shared together. I never gave room for material things to cause tension or friction between us. 


Something happened in my life that cultivated sorrow.  Each time I conceived for my husband, miscarriage must take place during my trimester.  This kept happening for one year, two years, three years and now this is my 15 years in marriage yet no child. Fortunately, during this period, I achieved a lot, and our story changed from grass to grace. 10 years ago, I introduced my husband to one of my prominent customers who is into oil and gas, and he recommended my husband to some reputable companies where he was awarded a mouth-water contract. This generated money and we were able to acquire a property and move to our new house.  He also cane for my full marital rites, both traditional and white weddings. 


My inability to have a child is what weighs me down and tears my joy apart.  For the past three years I don't even get pregnant anymore,  let alone talk of miscarriage. I have visited many hospitals, yet they can't diagnose anything in me, and I have also visited spiritual homes for prayers, yet no solution. In the next one year, I will be 47 years old while my husband will be 55 years. I felt so devastated when my mother-in-law would call her son, my husband, advising him to impregnate any available girl around him,  my husband would say, "Mama,  don't worry yourself, my wife will get pregnant,". I used to take him for his word not knowing he was more worried and concerned than I was, not until I read a chat between him and his friend. 


This is the chat that I read between him and his friend. 
"Sorry, I had to cut your call as my wife walked in," my husband said. 
"Okay, I was beginning to wonder if it could be network, but why not take the phone away so that we can talk better?" said his friend. 
"No, it will look too suspicious as she just walked in and I walk out of the room," my husband said. 
"Okay, but you must be a man and take the bull by the horns," said his friend. 
"Whatsoever I want to do, I don't want to hurt her feelings. You know how much she has labored for me. My success story can never be mentioned without her. The properties I own or we own today are through her sweats, so I don't want to cause her more tears than what she's already going through," said my husband. 
"Come on, stop talking like a baby. You are getting advanced in age, so talk like an advanced man. Let's not beat about the bush, aren't you concerned about your childless status?" he asked my husband. 
"Saying that I am worried is an understatement as I don't know the right word to use. I hardly sleep at night as I get so confused about what to do," said my husband. 
"Stop getting confused! I've told you severally that I will introduce you to someone.  She's from a humble background, so she won't stress about your home or break the news to your wife. All you will do is date her and get her pregnant," his friend said. 
"Hmmm, I'll think of that and will let you know when I'm ready," said my husband. 
"You will think?  Alright, till then," said his friend and they ended the chats. I got drained as I finished reading it.


My head ached and for days I couldn't sleep or eat. I had to call my mum and narrate all that I saw in the chats to her, as I sought her advice.  "My daughter, stop crying. All I want is for you to act fast by getting a woman for him to impregnate, If a woman comes in through him, she would disrespect and fight you," said my mum. "Mum,  do you think this is the best idea?" I asked my mum. "Yes. If you fail to take this step, he will surprise you, maybe that is what you want. If you get someone,  she will obey and respect you, then you pay her off after delivery. See, there are many numbers of ladies out there who specialize in selling their babies off after delivery, so accept your fate and talk to your husband. Don't let him know you read his chats, simply tell him to yield to his mother's advice but should grant you the honor to be the one who brings in the girl for him. Let him know that his business with the girl is only to get her pregnant, then you pay her off after delivery," said my mum. "Wow! Mum this sounds great. I like the idea. I'll get back to you when done," I told my mum.  "No problem but act fast very fast before his friend introduces a girl to him, bye," said my mum and we ended the call.  
 

I had a glimpse of a girl who normally stops by my restaurant to wash plates and run errands for me. Yes! I must use her. She looks naive and humble. I'll bring her in to live at the boy's quarter so I can monitor when my husband visits to have an affair with her, and the moments she conceives, I'll stop him from going to her, I'll keep my eyes on her till she puts to bed, then compensate her to back off.  I talked to myself. 


That very night,  I talked to my husband about it and he was surprised as I gave my consent to what his mother did call to tell him. I told him to give me the honor and approval to fetch a girl for him. I was equally surprised to see my husband supporting my decision, meaning he had already made up his mind about it. So if I hadn't taken this step, he would have given me the surprise of my life. We concluded everything. 


Three days later I saw the girl as usual as she came around to run errands,  I called her into my office and deliberated with her. 
"So Madam, should I come over to your place today?" she asked anxiously and desperately. 
"Not today. You need to go back and think over it. Did you even get to hear in detail what is expected of you?" I asked as I saw the desperation in her. 
"Yes, Madam. You said I should move over to your place and get pregnant for your husband,  then when I deliver you will pay me off with $ 50,000," she said joyfully.
"Good! Then are you satisfied with the amount, and the terms and conditions attached? I don't need to see you anywhere near my husband after paying you off, of course, you will sign an undertaking that the baby is ours before walking away," I stressed out to her. 
"Madam, as an orphan, I don't have any responsibility in life, so $50.000 goes a long way for my compensation. I'll use it to exit and start a blossoming life after delivery," she said. 
"Good! Then go home and prepare," I told her. You can come tomorrow or tomorrow.  Meet me here so we go home together," I told her. 
"Thank you, madam, I will be here tomorrow," she said as she walked out of my office excitedly. 
God thank you for this girl. She is so naive, the best option. I talked to myself as I felt so accomplished. 


Click here to continue

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post