Fate, Why Me (Continuation of part 1).



The next day arrived and Joy the naive girl I contracted to get pregnant for my husband showed up.


"Greetings Madam" she walked into my office and greeted me. "Yes Dear, you are welcome" I responded calmly.  I saw the excitement in her and a series of nasty thoughts ran on my mind. "Is she happy to know that soon she will enjoy sharing and having an affair with my husband? Could it be she was having sexual urges for my husband all along or the 9 months of free feeding, clothing, accommodation, and monetary reward after delivery could be her source of excitement? I concluded with this last thought and tried to wave away other negative thoughts.


Later in the evening, we went home and I showed her the way around the house. "Feel free, this is your home for now so enter the kitchen and arrange for food," I told her as I walked to my room waiting for the arrival of my husband.


I went through my phone, surfing the internet and before I knew it, I slept off. I woke up later to realize that I slept off for over 2 hours, maybe due to emotional stress. I got up and everywhere was silent. "Is my husband still not back?" I wondered as I glanced through the window and behold his car parked outside. "Thank God, he came back. Let me go and introduce Joy to him." I said as I walked to his room but he wasn't there, and as I stepped further, I heard a soft moan coming towards Joy's room. No, no this can't be true, not so soon. Maybe she's humming a song but where is my husband? I kept talking to myself. The moan got louder as I approached the door to her room, I pushed it open, and behold my dear husband on top of  Joy having an affair with her. They got startled as they saw me and with tears streaming down from my eyes, I left the scene back to my room. "What a stab! See what infertility has brought upon me," I sobbed.


A few minutes later, my husband entered my room shamelessly.  "Honey, I can explain," he tried to say something but I silenced him. "No, don't say a word. That's the girl I brought for you to impregnate and as soon as she's pregnant, I wouldn't want to see you near her anymore and I'll pay her off when she delivers. Thank you for resuming your duty without even waiting for me to do the needful." I told him, and my husband without guilt told me that I was sleeping when he arrived home, and immediately he saw her, he knew she was the one I brought to him so he decided to test-run her to know if she was a street girl or home girl, my husband had the effrontery to tell me that she exploded in an orgasm immediately he went on her, a good sign to prove that it is long she got close to a man. "She's not a street girl who is into men,  she is a good girl," my husband vomited out all these to me while I stared at him in disbelief. 


Days later,  it dawned on me how I took the wrong advice from my mother as every night I must be awoken by the moaning of this girl. "Must she always moan under my nose?  Is this girl even aware that she came here for business, not pleasure?" The worst of it is that my husband stopped making love to me, it's like he forgot I existed. I need to talk to my mother, she caused all this. I ought not to have taken to her advice. How can I keep coping with this? I kept talking to myself as I reached out to my phone and dialed my mother's contact.  She picked it and I cried out my heart to her.  "Mum,  my world has come to an end," I told her my pains but she rebuked me and kept advising me to wait patiently as everything would be over as soon as Joy put to bed. I ended the call as I felt nothing useful from her end,  I must come up with something reasonable. No, I can't die in silence," I muttered to myself. 


That night as my husband got up to go to Joy's room as usual,  I held him back. "Honey, where do you think you are going to? Must you visit her every night? Have you realized the pain you're causing me since the arrival of this girl?" I reeled out my pains to him. "You are asking many questions at a time,  so which of your questions do you want me to answer? he asked nonchalantly. "When was the last time you made love to me?  Why allow this girl to come in between us?" I asked him.  "Listen,  you are my wife while she's here on an assignment, Please encourage me to get along with her so we get what we want," my husband said. "And how long do you think it takes one to get pregnant? Just one night, so stop depriving me of my entitlement.  Visiting her every night is uncalled for," I fired back at him.  "So one night could get a woman pregnant? He asked staring at me. Then what stopped you from getting pregnant all these years that we've been married,  do we need to count the number of nights as well?"  My husband asked me these derogatory questions and I couldn't hold back my tears, I got up to go to my room,  but he held me back.  "Honey,  I'm sorry, " he said as he dragged me back to himself. "I didn't mean to hurt you,  please forgive me," he told me and pushed me to the bed. "I love you," he kept assuring me of his absolute love and we ended up making love like never before. 


A month later,  I discovered that Joy was pregnant. I radiated joyfully and told my husband my observation. The next day, I took her to the hospital for confirmation, and behold she was positive and that was the beginning of my woes.


Joy changed so drastically towards me;  she stopped greeting me and even if she chose to,  she made sure I wasn't addressed.  The one that got on my nerves more was for her to make a caricature of me by singing derogatory songs depicting my predicament. I called her to order one fateful day and she exclaimed,  "Can't I sing again because of you, and what is so special about greetings? If only you knew what it means to be pregnant,  you would know that a pregnant woman has mood swings and so she needs to be pampered" she ranted at me and walked away.  "Joy! (so shocked) Am I the one you are insulting?" I managed to speak out. 


Later at night, I told my husband about the insults I received from Joy and my husband surprised me by approving her,  "Yes she's right, you know she's pregnant, so don't expect the best from her," he said, and headed to her room. All efforts to stop my husband from still going to Joy failed as he kept telling me that since it was her first pregnancy, she needed a man around her to have a smooth delivery. I wondered where he got that ideology from, and with pain in my heart, I had no choice but to pull myself together and try to console myself, "In a short while, she'll put to bed, and everything will be over," I kept consoling myself. 


Finally, D-Day arrived, and Joy delivered a bouncing baby boy with a striking resemblance of my husband. Our joy knew no bounds to hear the cry of the baby in our house. The happiness in me eliminated every fear I initially had about Joy and instead of paying her off immediately as planned, I nonchalantly ignored her presence and concentrated much on the baby, but not until 2 months later it dawned on me when I caught her still in bed with my husband. A day later,  I gave her a cheque for what we agreed upon and even added more to compensate her,  "Thank you. You can now go," I told her as I handed her the cheque and an envelope of money. She collected and hissed while I walked back to my room. 


I was still in my room massaging the baby when I heard a thunderous voice barking towards my room.  "She goes nowhere," This was coming from my husband who was busy watching some matches in the sitting room. Joy went and reported me to my husband that I paid her to go and here was my darling husband betraying me before Joy.  "How dare you ask this innocent girl to leave this house? A girl who has helped to wipe away our tears? No!  You can't be this inhumane," my husband barked at me.  "Honey,  what has come over you?  Did we not agree to discharge her after her delivery, didn't you consent to it, and why acting so strangely now?" I told my husband. "Listen,  I don't care about the agreement we earlier had. (As my husband was still ranting at me, Joy walked in and threatened me,  "I can't go without my baby," Joy said.  "What!" I exclaimed at Joy.  "Yes,  you heard me right.  I need my baby to go!" Joy told me and before I knew it,  my husband turned to her and said,  "M.J. you go nowhere. If she insists you go, then she goes."  He turned back at me and said,  "She is my joy,  so don't dare try to jeopardize it.  That was when it occurred to me that M.J he addressed Joy means "My Joy".  I was still gazing at them speechlessly and they both left my room with my husband holding her hand. 


Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and my husband and Joy were nowhere to be found. I'll call my husband's phone endlessly without him picking up or returning it. I'll send messages upon messages yet my husband won't return. I'll visit his office but only to be told that he informed them that he was on an official trip. What a shame! He traveled with Joy and made me a caricature before his staff. 


Has my husband eloped with Joy while turning me into a nanny overnight? I kept asking myself every blessed day while praying he comes back home. I became a shadow of myself,  I lost focus on my business, and before I knew it, my staff drained me and made away with my money. The pain of losing my husband, my business, my everything was just alarming and my health deteriorated drastically, I looked aged overnight. 


After two months, my husband and Joy returned home. "For your information, M.J is pregnant with my second child, so if you know you can't take good care of her,  then the earlier the better you inform me to arrange for my mother or a good nanny to help you run it," said my husband. "She's pregnant again? I screamed with tears streaming down from my eyes. "Is this how you are paying me back?  Where is the love we once shared? Even if I can't give you a child and I employ someone else, must you go this far to break me into pieces,  shattering all the promises you made?" My husband walked past me while I was sobbing, then came back and presented before me a certificate. I looked up and behold it was a court marriage certificate between my husband and Joy. "Hope you can now see for yourself," my husband told me and walked away. So he eloped with Joy to get married to her? I talked to myself. 


Fate, why me?  I know of a lady who is barren but her husband chose to adopt two children, he loves and cherishes his wife, and he hates anything that could trigger her to be sad. This is a man who had already made good fortune before he met his wife.  My friends warned me but I didn't listen. Could it be my husband never loved me,  he was all over me because of the monetary support I was rendering to him? I've come to a crossroads in my life. It is either I walk out and become a laughingstock by my friends who had warned me or I become a nanny in my husband's house. This is my story,  my pains,  my tears,  fate why me? 


You might also liike













 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post