If I Could Smile In My Early 50s, Then You Are Next In Line.



This is my testimony. If in my 50s I could laugh and be celebrated,  then you are next in line.


I met my husband online and after 3 months of dating, he visited me and we later tied the knot 6 months into our relationship. 


This is my brief story. I have always been a fast child from when I was growing up but all of a sudden as I attained adulthood, it was like everything came to a halt. I started crawling, all my mates even people I am older than, left me behind.  I discovered that at a point despite my beauty, hardly before a man crushes on me. 


When I clocked 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, and then 50 and still there was no sign of my husband anywhere, my aged parents became extremely worried! I can remember when they called me one fateful day and expressed their fears.  "Vionna, you can see that menopause is warming up as age is telling much on you, so do your best to get pregnant for any available man, don't wait for a husband anymore. Married or not, have a child and be accomplished in life," said my aged parents.  The truth is that I had no available man around me, no man seemed to be interested in me, so how was I even going to get pregnant?  I had turned into a celibate overnight because of the situation I found myself in.  Each time I stared at my face in the mirror,  I saw traits of beauty still displaying on my face despite my age, so what could be the problem? My appearance wasn't bad either as I tried my best to look appealing and approachable. 


At times I'll lock up myself in my room and cry profusely, probably my past life is hunting me,  I might have done something awful that confined me to this situation or maybe it was just my destiny.


I visited churches and pastors for prayers, and it was like my age suppressed their faith as I observed their nonchalant spirit in praying for me. Depression set in, and I finally lost faith in myself, I isolated myself from social gatherings as I felt so disappointed in myself whenever I stumbled upon my childhood friends, neighbors, colleagues, etc. who were flaunting around with their spouses and children, so many things were going wrong in me! 


When I met my husband online I thought he was just cruising with me as I was online to cruise with people and get relief but I was shocked when he finally visited me in my country home,  got to meet my folks and in a few months we walked down the aisle. Currently, as I'm typing this message I am heavy. The scan showed twins,  a boy and a girl. My hubby is not just a husband to me, I am his best friend, and he cherishes me!




I don't know who is reading this testimony of mine. If the universe could take away my reproach and grant my request, then rebuild your faith,  don't give up in life, don't write off yourself,  keep your hope alive, and surely that God that did it for me will do it for you  

When God delays, he comes big!!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post