How Can I Call It Off With My Boss Without Getting To Hurt His Emotions?



"You may sit down," said Mr. Tom. "Thank you, Sir," I said as I sat down meditating and wishing for the job to be granted to me. 

Brenda is my name. It took me 7 years after my graduation to secure a job. There's no job vacancy I didn't apply for unless I wasn't aware of it. Mr. Tom put on his glasses and went through my credentials, then he looked up at me.  "Brenda, your details are impressive but currently there's no vacancy," he said as I sighed and gazed at the floor hopelessly. I was still living with my parents in a low-key settlement where we struggled for means of survival, and worst of all, we were given a quit notice by the landlord.  "but, you can call me by 6 pm this evening, I'll see how I can help you, that is, if only you are interested in the job," he said. "Sir, I'm interested and I'll call you," I said curiously as he stretched out his hand and handed over his complimentary card to me. I thanked him, then stood up and left. 


As I reached the house, my siblings rushed to me asking, "how did it go today, any hope?" I narrated everything to them. "Brenda, when once it is 6 pm, please don't hesitate to call him, let's be hopeful for a positive outcome. Who knows maybe he wants to talk to a friend concerning you to recommend you for a job," one of my siblings said. "I think so too," I said as I kept yawning. I was hungry but there was no food in the house. We ate the little one left in the morning and we were patiently waiting for the arrival of our struggling parents to return from their petty trade with foodstuffs from their sales. 


Soon it was 6 pm and I desperately placed a call on him. "Hello Sir, this is Brenda." "yes, right now I'm busy, but can you come over downtown, let me see how I can help you.  Call when you reach there so I can direct you," he said as I kept hanging on the phone not knowing what to say as I had exhausted the last money I had to pay my fare to his office in the morning. Truly he wants to recommend me to someone close to him for a job, I talked to myself. "Hello, are you still there?" he asked. "Yes sir, only, I don't (I began to stutter as I found it difficult to tell him I had no money with me). "Can you make it?" he asked. I summed up courage and told him my challenge and he told me to pick a cab and get there he'll pay for it. "Thank you, Sir, God bless you, Sir. I'll soon be on my way," I said as I dropped the call and exclaimed to my siblings. "Wow! He has asked me to come over so to see how he can help me. Indeed there's someone he wants to recommend me to for a job," "Finally, Brenda is getting a job and our accommodation will be taken care of," one of my siblings said as they all rejoiced that our rent challenge will be solved. I dressed in haste and went to meet with him. 


Reaching there, he directed the cab man to where he was, and that was his organization's clubhouse for directors. He came out and paid the cab man, then I followed him behind. Truly his colleagues and friends were there as well, but he walked past them and turned to me behind, "we would have sat there with my colleagues but I don't need a distraction on your job offer, so let's take a good seat inside where we can talk better." I followed him . and shortly we were there, in a kind of guest room. 


"You can have a seat," he told me but I wasn't comfortable with the sight of the bed in the room, so I kept thinking over  and asking myself, "Brenda, what are you doing here?" my mind was far away pondering over a lot of unanswered questions, I got startled when I heard "congratulations, you've gotten the job," "Just like that, so soon?" I asked myself as I sat on the only chair in the room to get more details. "I had to discuss it with my colleagues,  and I have allocated a position that was meant for someone else to you, so get prepared to resume next week and expect your appointment letter next week as you'll resume, " he told me as I got down on my knees so elated to thank him. "Sir, this is amazing. it is like a dream to me; so finally I've been offered a job. I'm speechless but only God can reward you for this. I know what I went through scouting for a job, how we've been summoned by the court with a quit notice for the failure of renewing our rents for over 4 years now, while struggling to eat," "it's okay, you're a lucky girl. Get up and sit down." he told me as I got up and sat on the chair again. 


My joy knew no bounds as I sat down with a scale of preference running through my mind on what to use my first salary for. "Now have this. Go wardrobe shopping as I want you to look good," he said as he handed over a bundle of money to me. I became dumped as I couldn't find the right word to display my appreciation. "Sir," I tried to say something but he interrupted me, "don't say anything, I picked interest in you right from the first day I set my eyes on you in my office. By the time I'm done polishing you up, your beauty will strike out. All I want from you is one thing, love me back, reciprocate it and you won't regret it. I'll protect your interest in the office and work for your promotion in a short space of time, he said as he got up to where I sat, held my hand, and took me over to the bedside. At this point, I knew what he wanted but I was too helpless to resist a man whom I was now seeing as my benefactor. We ended up making love, then as I made to go he said, "I don't want you to stay with your parents anymore, so I'm getting you an apartment next week, also, I'll give you money to settle your parent's accommodation issue. That was how I ended up in a relationship with my boss. 

Truly my boss kept to his promise, I moved into a newly furnished apartment that he got for me and I got a good apartment for my parents, courtesy of my boss. Every weekend, my boss spends at my place or we travel out of town. He showers me with gifts and on my birthday he surprised me with a car gift and got me promoted. My boss changed my life as within a short space of time, I acquired a and.  

This is my 3 years of working under him and dating him. I have earned so much for myself. My life and world center on him; He visits frequently and unannounced. He monitors me a lot and feels threatened if he sees me with another man talking.  I know if I should be caught cheating on him, he'll get my appointment terminated. He's done so much for me and I don't wish to hurt his feelings in any way, but my questions every day are "will I ever get married as my life centers on him, can he understand if I should tell him that I have someone to marry"

I don't mind quitting this job and investing in a highly lucrative business as I am handy with the fund,  but my conscience is at stake as my boss and I promised not to hurt each other. Won't I end up betraying his love and trust if I should call off this relationship? Please I need your candid advice 

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post